what we do
ASIAN WOMEN FOR HEALTH IS RAISING THE VOLUME ON:
- Delivering culturally and linguistically appropriate health education with an emphasis on preventative care.
- Connecting women on important health issues, and giving voice to their personal journeys to become inspiring agents of change.
- Building an online community to share information and support, while reducing language barriers.
- State of Asian Women’s Health Conference: Our annual conference that connects experts from different industries to learn about important healthcare challenges and disparities across racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
- Asian American Mental Health Forum: This forum engages health practitioners, policymakers, researchers, and people with lived experience to combat stigmas and concerns related to mental health within Asian communities.
- CelebrAsians Benefit: Our signature community event raises funds towards peer-led support initiatives and programs that foster intergenerational community and cultural connection among the women we serve.
- Asian Women's Health: A collection of useful resources to help educate everyone on Asian women’s health topics, including resources for breast cancer, HPV, Cardiovascular Disease, and more.
- Anti-Racism: As part of our work for health and equity, this resource page is dedicated to the fight against racism and our Racism is a Virus PSA. Click here to access the PSA watch party guide
- COVID-19: During the COVID-19 pandemic, this page is dedicated to useful pandemic-related resources in order for the community to stay safe, stay healthy, and stay connected.
- Mental Health: Resource page dedicated to mental health, helping the community maintain or better mental health and wellness.
- Newsletter: Our monthly newsletter shares AWFH programs and activities, resources and the latest news on Asian women's health.
- WeChat: An online community on WeChat, a group for Chinese women living with breast cancer to share information and support, while reducing language barriers and time or space restrictions.
- AWFH Podcast "From Resilience to Radiance": a monthly podcast launched in January 2019 to highlight important health issues impacting the Asian community by amplifying the voices of those with lived experiences and professionals in health and wellness, business, psychology, and advocacy.
- EducAsians (in development): Curating a health curriculum using ESL as a platform, to disseminate resources and information without language barriers.